Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Can i install rear sway bar with Competition traction bars? Is this possible? I have got the parts.

Thoughts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,175 Posts
Check with the manufacturer of the sway bar.
I don't believe it would work with the Hotchkis rear sway bar setup.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked with the manufacture of the sway bar (Hellwing). and the tech guy said that he doesn't know.

·
Premium Member
4,259 Posts
What is it you do with the car that you feel you need both traction bars and a rear sway bar? Most first gen F bodies do not need a rear sway bar for street use....

Don

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is mostly for cruising around and may see the track lightly. It has 500hp. I have the traction bar and the rear sway bar that comes in the kit with the front one from Hellwing. The fron sway bar is thicker than the original, other than that everything is stock in the front and rear. I'm adding the traction bar but I don't know if i need the rear sway bar or if it can be added.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I would do more investigating with people who autocross their Camaros.

I bet all of them have a bigger front swaybar and have added a rear.

IMHO, the best way to get a good handling car is bigger swaybars and softer springs (for a street car).

As long as the mounting of the sway bar doesn't interfere with the traction bars , it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,259 Posts
The car is mostly for cruising around and may see the track lightly. It has 500hp. I have the traction bar and the rear sway bar that comes in the kit with the front one from Hellwing. The fron sway bar is thicker than the original, other than that everything is stock in the front and rear. I'm adding the traction bar but I don't know if i need the rear sway bar or if it can be added.
If you look at folks who successfully track and autocross their cars I am pretty sure you won’t find a single set of traction bars.

Hopefully David Pozzi will weigh in on this concept of using traction bars with rear sway bars. Personally it makes zero sense to me. Are you worried about straight line drag race launches or are you worried about handling?......

Don

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Handling most of what i am worried about, but sometimes launches. Will i have oversteering if i installed the rear sway bar?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts