Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93' camaro base model, 3.4l w/ 5 speed tranny. it makes a load grinding sound like a bearing would when you push in the clutch pedal and then rev it. if you let off the clutch just a hair it will stop. it does not make the noise if the clutch is not pressed. i thougt it was the throw out bearing and so i just replaced it and it still makes that noise. also tranny is full of fluid. any idea's as to what could be making this noise.?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
How worn is the flywheel ? When the clutch is pressed, the disc is allowed to spin freely, it could be the disc rubbing the flywheel bolts. Is the disc installed facing the right way with the larger side of the springs facing the pressure plate ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know i was told the clutch was new when i bought the car from a young kid.
i dont know if it has or not.. i do know that when i took the tranny off to change the throw out bearing, the pressure plate was very clean, looked new to me anyways.i know he did not change the pilot bushing, but i was told that would not make noise. im so confused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts