Team Camaro Tech banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi well to be honest im looking for advice in desciding what to go with.

see im going to buy a camaro 68-69 for this summer im looking for a ss or rs
its proly going to remain stock this summer so i can drive it and going to be getting buffed up a little during winter ( i still havent descided what to do with it lol)

now heres my questions

1- lets say you got a 4 speed manual and a 4 speed automatic witch would do 0-100 faster ( see im told auto has better take off because you dont have to use a clutch to change gears.)

2- i was told to go with auto + a shift kit now i have a question about shift kits. see if the gears are something like 1-2-3-D . witch is like the new mustang 1th is only the 1th gear and 2th only that perticular gear but D managed 1trough 4 then thats one thing but if its like 1-2-3-4 and you gota shift it like a manual all the time then i dont see the point lol ( i hope im saying this clearly)

3- also im looking to stick big power in that car by next year 350-400 hp would be fine but im looking for big torke i dont really have a number in mind for the simple reason that i havent driven it at stock yet and i didnt do mutch research on it yet but id proly go for 400-500lbs of torke so wich transmission would do best with high torke manual or auto?

lol well i hope im not to confusing to read and thx to anyone who try to help, i apreciate all opinions =P

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.