Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once i solve these two minor problems, my 68 RS Camaro will be ready to go. I converted this car from a 6 cylinder to a stock 327/210 engine,2 barrel carb. The 6 had a cable from the gas pedal to the carb. The 8 cylinders have a rod that goes through the firewall,then an arm that goes to the carb.All of my Camaro catalogs have this assembly,but only for a 4-barrel carb.Is there a special arm for 2-barrels? The kickdown assembly for the powerglide, which i have hooked up,the slot in the arm lines up with the bushing hole in the carb,but is about 1.5 inches away. If i bend it towards the hole,it binds up. I think this setup is also 4-barrel.Any ideas. I appreciate all the help,you guys are great!

·
Registered
73 Posts
see if you can find parts for a nova, they are quite similar to camaros in many ways. i hope this helps

·
Registered
230 Posts
The 2 bbl arm is a different length - I'll try and see if I have one I can measure for you (late tomorrow) -

It screws down - have you tried screwing it down to fit?

------------------
Steve
My Cars

·
Registered
151 Posts
hey jim,
i just swapped my 6 for a 327 as well, but i used an edelbrock carb. anyway, i got the kickdown linkage and i don't know if it was for a 2bbl or 4, but i ended up taking it to a machine shop and had them cut it and weld in about 1 1/2 inches of rod, this got it to the length i needed. my friend has a 327 w/ a 2bbl and i think his accelerator rod is the same as mine, but i haven't measured to be sure. everything's working good on mine. i couldn't believe the simplicity of the accelerator linkage on the V8 compared to the six, gotta love old cars

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jim all the V8 cars I have seen have the rod assemble though the firewall the diff is in the length of the rods , part #s 3955761 , 3912601 , 3923502. dont know the one you need , all diff as per your application you could go with a universal rod ,attainable at any speed shop . rod system that gose though the fire wall has part #s 3923503 , 3924409 , and 3909980 plus various nuts and bolts . the kick down is also diff depending on you application 8 cyl. use bracket # 3947512 and cable # 3947510 these are GM part #s call chevy and see what they got you my be surprised

1 - 5 of 5 Posts