Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
Question. I recently purchased and installed a 383 in my 67 convertible camaro. After sorting out all the engine issues, I attempted to drive this thing and it feels as if I'm towing a boat! I goes no where but the engine compression is great, timing and fuel is good. I have a 700r already in there and the only thing I changed was the stock torque converter to a 2800 stall. I'm really frustraited because I can not tell if this thing is slipping or the motor is a dud. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Did you hook-up the throttle cable from the trans to the carb? Have you tried manually shifting the gears? It sounds like you might be starting out in 3rd or 4th.

·
Registered
110 Posts
heres my suggestion; http://keislerauto.com/gm/transmissions/camaro_67-69_autoB.asp just in case you have some extra money laying around.

seriously, I had a very similar situation, new 383 new TCI th350 and the car was a slug!! I put my 4 speed in it and it ran much better. Took my trans to my tranny guy who took it apart and told me TCI had a total mix-match of parts in it a total mess! I will keep it a 4 speed (would love to go 5 or 6) plus manual trans muscle cars are more fun to drive anyways:yes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish! Why did this tranny work wonderful with the last motor and suck so bad with this one? My vacuum advance goes way up when I put it under load around 50 degrees?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts