Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find out where my transmission leak in my 88 iroc-z is coming from. I just changed my engine in it and now when since I just finished it I drove it and it drove great but when I stoped at a store I looked under the car and I could see a big transmission leak. It only leaks when I stop the car and shut it off. It leaks about a half a pint when I drive about 5 miles to a store and and five miles home. I changed the filter and gasket and it did help a little but it still has a bad leak. So does anyone know where the leak might be coming from.

·
Registered
820 Posts
dipstick tube, lines, front pump, converter seal, rear seal, climb under and take a look , where it is dripping is the leak.

Sorry I cant be more specific, but with no location or specific info on your behalf, its just a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
171 Posts
After you drive the car park it on a level surface and place a large piece of cardboard under the transmission. The leak should drip directly below or fairly close to the location of the leak. This should help pinpoint it for you. Good luck.

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips and they did help because I changed the dipstick o-ring and my leak stoped. I guess when I took my transmission out I pulled my transmission tube out a little and I didn't notice. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts