1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Convertible 250 to a LS3 Engine Swap
413 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
AN is AN as long as your tubing is good for your use. NPT Is NPT.

Reactions: wireboy355

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Those fittings are specifically for Earls power steering hose so I am going to say no without more information on the hose you are using. Most likely not. Get fitting designed for the specific hose you are using.

Don

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I would think the hose material is more important. Earls has lots of hoses for hot transmission oil :

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Ya that 120 degree max temperature is not going to work for transmission lines. You can also buy nice hose and fitting kits for transmission lines on eBay.

Don

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess it's one step forward two steps backwards :( It's rough being a rookie mechanic.

Think I will need to drop the transmission to be able to get at the fittings to replace the hose.

I could not seem to find the right hose from Earls? Will this be a good choice for line and fittings?

Evil Energy Line and Fittings

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Guess it's one step forward two steps backwards :( It's rough being a rookie mechanic.

Think I will need to drop the transmission to be able to get at the fittings to replace the hose.

I could not seem to find the right hose from Earls? Will this be a good choice for line and fittings?

Should be fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a recommendation from a co-worker of a local Hydraulic Supply company that can make me up some overkill hoses so I don't have to worry about my abilities to make some. I can not take any road-trips if I worrying about hoses I've made.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OMG, That was not fun. To get at the fittings on the 4L65E I had to:

1. Remove the drive shaft
2. Un-Hook emergency brak cable.
3. Unbolt and drops the exhaust that I just had put in on Tuesday
4. Remove the Transmission Support
5. Lower the transmission inch by inch until I could get a wrench up in there and remove the fittings

And all that was probably easy compared to what it’s going to take to put it all back.

It’s a good thing I love this hobby.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can someone also confirm, there is an upper and lower fitting on the 4L65E, does the upper fitting run via the hose to the upper fitting on the radiator?

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
The top line on the transmission is the return line.

Don

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That seems to make sense, fluid leaving bottom of the transmission is pushed to the top of the Radiator and then drains back to the top of the transmission.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts

The first hose listed at Earl's for transmission fluid is good to 350 degrees :

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks NashvilleCat but I decided to have a local shop make me up some lines that I don’t have to worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
That video seems to negate what was said above. Unless I misunderstood he said the outlet goes to the upper radiator port and back to the top trans port.

·
13,976 Posts
I simply cut a hole in the tunnel to get to the fittings and made an access panel when I put a 4L65E behind an LS2 in a 69

1 - 20 of 30 Posts