Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have had this trany in the back of my garage for years and i was woundering if someone could decode it for me .
on the right side of the case raised letters 3925660 below that is the patent numbers and general motors just above the general moters looks like (1)-10
on the flat area near the tail shaft on the main case stamped in P9S12A and below it 29B1142631
on a tag attached to a bolt on the shift cover 9798972
and stamped on the main housing back bone is a heart shape
thanks tony

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Tony, you have a 1969 Muncie M20 4 speed transmission assembled on November 12th, 1968 and installed in a 1969 Pontiac GTO assembled at the Baltimore, MD plant. (By the way, you have one too many "1's" in the VIN. It's probably 29B142631.)

Ed

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Yeah it does, but I don't remember exacly what it means. I've seen mostly squares, diamonds, hearts (moons, stars, green clovers..., they're magically delicious!!)

:noway:

(Of course, the transmissions with the moons, stars and green clovers have all been seen on transmissions found at the end of the rainbow!)

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.