Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have a 67 with a TH 350 in it. When I installed it, it shifted real low like 2,000 RPM. I addjusted the vacume modulator in back, and it will now shift at around 4,500 RPM if I keep my foot in it, but otherwise it still shifts at around 2,500 RPM. My question is, can I change the shift points when my foot is not in it.

I understand this is somehow done internally in the transmition and since I am having to replace the pan gasket I was wondering if I could change the shift points also.

Also, is a shift kit a good thing to install and if so any recomendations.

BTW the car is pretty much stock, except it has ported heads and a Crane 266 cam.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Rick,

A shift kit is a very great idea if your trans is in good/decent shape right now (if it is in poor condition it will excelerate it's wear and kill it) and will extend the life of your trans by helping to eliminate slipage during gear changes which cause unneeded heat. I personnely use Trans-go or TCI shift kits. They will make a difference in how it shifts more than when it shifts.
You can try and install a B&M govenor kit (it changes the weights and springs on the govenor) which will allow you to adjust your part throttle shift points.
Also add an external trans cooler, trans mission heat is the #1 killer for an auotmatic trans!! I like B&M Supercoolers.

------------------
TONY
67 CAMARO R/S CLONE, 355/turbo 350, 200hp NOS,12 bolt,etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts