Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been very active lately because three weeks ago, my son Steve passed away unexpectedly. No illness, no symptoms, but we are assuming it was a massive heart attack or stroke. Its been a horrible 3 weeks for my entire family. Steve was just 51 and left behind his wife and two children. Our entire family has pulled together and all we can do is take this loss one day at a time. Steve was well known in our community and literally several hundred people cam to pay their respects at the funeral. I'm trying to be the shoulder that everyone leans on but its hard. I tell everyone that tries to console us that they should treasure their family and children because one never knows what the next day will bring.

· Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
720 Posts
very sorry for your loss. i couldn't imagine losing one of my own. sounds like you should have a few shoulders of your own to lean on.

· Premium Member
3,525 Posts
My thoughts and prayers. Very sorry to hear. Please watch your own health with all of this added stress.
God Bless you and your family.

· Premium Member
286 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Good advise as all of us need to be constantly reminded of just how precious life is. May God continue to bless and comfort you and your family during this extremely difficult time.

· Premium Member
1967 Camaro SS 350
567 Posts
Mike,

I am extremely sorry for your loss. I could not imagine losing one of my kids or how I would deal with it. As others have said make sure you take care of yourself mentally and physically. I understand you being the shoulder to cry on but you can’t be that if you are not ok.

Respectfully,
Derek

· Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Dang, that's terrible, unexpectedly at 51.
My wife's 36 yr old nephew was expected at our house this past Christmas eve, he died that morning just before my wife walked in the hospital room,
they are thinking some kind of of sepsis blood infection from a Cat bite ! a few weeks before, his system just shut down within 24hrs of going to the ER.

Just loosing someone with really no warning like that is a shock.
burying your children is a tough one.

· Premium Member
6,502 Posts
Very sorry for your loss Mike.

Don

· Registered
68 L78 M21 715 Benchseat
16 Posts
I haven't been very active lately because three weeks ago, my son Steve passed away unexpectedly. No illness, no symptoms, but we are assuming it was a massive heart attack or stroke. Its been a horrible 3 weeks for my entire family. Steve was just 51 and left behind his wife and two children. Our entire family has pulled together and all we can do is take this loss one day at a time. Steve was well known in our community and literally several hundred people cam to pay their respects at the funeral. I'm trying to be the shoulder that everyone leans on but its hard. I tell everyone that tries to console us that they should treasure their family and children because one never knows what the next day will bring.
sorry for your loss Mike
🙏

· Registered
1,028 Posts
I am truly sorry to hear about your loss! Parents should not outlive their kids! I can't even imagine. Take it 1 step at a time, 1 day at a time. You definitely have some good advice for the rest of us! You were blessed with 51 years of memories.
Just a thought, many choose something on their cars as a memorial for lost family members such as a window decal, a dash plate, or custom paint/airbrush in a strategic location. This might be an opportunity for a project car for you and the grandkids!

· Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Mike, may God Bless you and your family. Was your son a car guy like you? Cherish your memories and time you spent with him, as they cannot ever leave your soul. You will have those dear moments you spent with him forever, until you see him again. God Bless!
Brett....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts