Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
1,455 Posts
I cant imagine loosing a child. Look after yourself Mike so you can be there for your family.

· Registered
783 Posts
Mike, what can one say at a time like this that you and your family are going through? Words fall short of what we really feel for you and the loss of your son. May GOD lay his healing touch on you and your family during this horrific ordeal. Peace be with you brother and try to not get overwhelmed with grief and sorrow. I know, it's hard.

· Registered
550 Posts
So sorry my friend. Our thoughts are with you. Everyday I come home complaining about work, this and that, my wife reminds me...we are blessed, and we are. I can't imagine what you are going through but as you say, stay close to family. God Bless sir!

· Super Moderator
1967 RS Bench seat 327/2bbl/PG
33,802 Posts
I'm sorry in reading of you and your family's loss.
Yes, kids should outlive the parents.
My thoughts and prayers to you and family and handle the grief one day at a time.

· Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Its been a rough couple of weeks but my family is pretty tight knit and we're all helping each other cope with our loss. Someone asked me about Steve's interest in my cars over the years and I had to smile a little because he was a gearhead from the beginning. I came across this photo of him at 4 years old taking an interest in my 240Z. The look on his face reminded me how anal he was about all things automotive. Wanted to make sure the mag wheels were rinsed and shiny.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light

In his senior year at college he had a classic '87 BMW M3 and was a member of the local New England BMW club. He was actually friendly with Will Turner back in the '90's before Turner became one of the most important BMW tuner/racers in the world. Steve even took me to Lime Rock for a club event and we got to run some laps at the track with his M3. Over the years he had a Jeep CJ5, 944 Porsche, a Ducati 999, a Defender 90, and an Audi A3 Sport. He was the sales Manager for the local Porsche/Audi dealership for about 5 years and used to stop by with a nice Porsche or Audi and take me for a spin. One time he came over with a R8 Spyder and we had a great time with that beast. Because of his position, he got to fly to various locations when a new model was being introduced and even went to a couple of corporate driving school sessions at Skip Barber's and another out in California. He left the dealership because he wanted to spend more time with his family on weekends; his children were into sports and he started coaching football. For the past 5-6 years he was with CDK Global which is a company that supplies operational software to dealerships all across the country. He loved the auto industry and his territory was most of northern New England. Most recently he'd bought a Jeep Rubicon which he loved... but his dream was to someday own a Superperformance Cobra. I used to kid him that all my tools were basically his so whether he bought an unfinished or finished one, he'd have plenty of tools to play around with. So yeah... he was a gear head. Steve used bust my chops saying that the Camaro spent more time in the garage apart than ready for the road, and he was my extra set of hands when I installed the Vintage Air last year. I'm going to miss him stopping over at my house and coming into the garage to borrow a tool, bust me about the car, or just talk about cars.

I can't thank you guys enough for the things you've written here to help me cope with this. I know that we will have better days ahead.

· Registered
6 Posts
I haven't been very active lately because three weeks ago, my son Steve passed away unexpectedly. No illness, no symptoms, but we are assuming it was a massive heart attack or stroke. Its been a horrible 3 weeks for my entire family. Steve was just 51 and left behind his wife and two children. Our entire family has pulled together and all we can do is take this loss one day at a time. Steve was well known in our community and literally several hundred people cam to pay their respects at the funeral. I'm trying to be the shoulder that everyone leans on but its hard. I tell everyone that tries to console us that they should treasure their family and children because one never knows what the next day will bring.
Mike, sorry to hear of your family’s loss. When my brother passed I was trying to be the strong one too. Went somewhere to collect my thoughts and behind where I was sitting was a sign that said “It’s okay not to be okay “ I cried and said Amen. Prayers for comfort and peace.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts