Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone has ever stripped the protectivve coating from their window trim or moldings in order to polish it on a buffing wheel. Mine is stained from a caustic cleaner and wont polish up with tipical polishes such as mother's or semichrome. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had pretty good results with using a Brillo pad to start and then using a product called Never Dull, a cotton wading material with some sort of acid/polish combination. Takes several polishings with this. The moldings were adonized from the factory and this doesn't seem to be a coating, but just a metal finish. After doing this, I just polish every couple months with the Never Dull and they look fine so far.

[This message has been edited by tom3 (edited 04-08-2000).]

·
Registered
428 Posts
I like to use #0000 or #000 steel wool on most brightwork. I was pleasently surprised with the Never Dull when I used it on some old chrome valve covers my father has on his 59 pickup. They look very nice and it didn't take too much work with the Never Dull. My dad was ready to buy some new covers, now they turned out so good he won't even consider swapping them out.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Favorite Quote - Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.
My Father's 1968 RS 327!
My First Generation Camaro site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts