Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a tool to remove the windshield molding clips on a 69 Camaro ? I see all kinds but which one is right ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
It is a right angle flat bar with a point on the end. Be careful using it. Leave it flat against the windshield so the point just contacts the clip and pull down. Do not twist it because a chipped and broken glass is the result. If it is a windshield you want to keep, pay a professional.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All right I found one similar to the one above, now what is the proper way to use it ? do you slide it in between the body and molding or the glass and the molding ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you are using the left pointed side, slide it up under the trim and then slide it left until you make contact withthe clip. Get it behine the clip and pull down flat with the glass and you will hear it release.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got finished doing this today as I was removing the windshield and rear window. I purchased the tool from Ricks First Gen. I will say that it looks like the tool above would work the same. It can be a bit tricky especially considering the amount of junk that can accumulate below the trim.

I managed to get the rear window out without any problems (apart from the shock of discovering a severe case of cancer in the lower panel). However, I did chip the edge of the windshield. The above warnings are well founded. I had already planned on replacing my windshield as it was heavily scratched by the previouis D.A. owner who ran his windshield wipers without rubber on them for I don't know how long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts