Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a tool to remove the windshield molding clips on a 69 Camaro ? I see all kinds but which one is right ?
Thanks

· Premium Member
10,087 Posts
It is a right angle flat bar with a point on the end. Be careful using it. Leave it flat against the windshield so the point just contacts the clip and pull down. Do not twist it because a chipped and broken glass is the result. If it is a windshield you want to keep, pay a professional.

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All right I found one similar to the one above, now what is the proper way to use it ? do you slide it in between the body and molding or the glass and the molding ?

· Registered
61 Posts
I just got finished doing this today as I was removing the windshield and rear window. I purchased the tool from Ricks First Gen. I will say that it looks like the tool above would work the same. It can be a bit tricky especially considering the amount of junk that can accumulate below the trim.

I managed to get the rear window out without any problems (apart from the shock of discovering a severe case of cancer in the lower panel). However, I did chip the edge of the windshield. The above warnings are well founded. I had already planned on replacing my windshield as it was heavily scratched by the previouis D.A. owner who ran his windshield wipers without rubber on them for I don't know how long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.