Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need a Trinary switch if I am using the Dakota Digital PAC 2800BT fan controller or do I just use the Binary switch that came with my VA Gen IV? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
Trinary switch is best because your fan will only run when it needs to versus anytime the compressor is running.
Don

·
13,851 Posts
You don’t need trinity with the DD controller

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
I agree it’s not needed but if you use one your fans will run less often. Pressure based rather than whenever the compressor is on...

The fan side of the switch will be connected to 12 volts instead of ground. Output of fan switch will go to the DD AC input.

Don

·
13,851 Posts
I agree it’s not needed but if you use one your fans will run less often. Pressure based rather than whenever the compressor is on...

The fan side of the switch will be connected to 12 volts instead of ground. Output of fan switch will go to the DD AC input.

Don
100% agree. That said I’ve built cars that have been running without the trinary for over 5 years and fans are still fine.

Honestly don’t think it a big deal either way.

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
For me it’s a noise and reliability issue. As I’ve tried to explain many times anecdotal evidence is not sufficient to claim something is reliable. It requires many hours on many units to verify reliability.

Don

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you gents. I will just use the binary switch that came with the VA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts