Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Camaro SS350
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What full service gas station brand in the 80s handled Kendall Motor oil? Doing a little sleuthing. Prior owner wrote in the Chevy owners manual a pretty detailed record over 10 years of having his car serviced from 76 to 86 with Kendall motor oil. I’m trying to figure out what major service station would have did the work

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,684 Posts
Seems like all the major ones had their own motor oil. Chevron/Chevron, Texaco/Havoline, Shell, Mobil, Union 76, etc

I worked at Chevron for a few years in that timeframe and that's the only motor oil they carried.

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
I remember Kendal oil. If it was a mom and pop kind of service station they could have bought oil from their parts supplier. It is still available as well as Wolf's Head oil, but you have to search for it

·
Premium Member
5,449 Posts
We used Kendall Oil when I was a Mechanic at an independent shop all thru the 80's. IIRC the shop around the corner came around to look at our oil because he was using Kendall oil from a different distributor and it wasn't as dark as ours. I asked our Kendall rep about that and IIRC he said Kmart Auto centers were doing the same thing.

Jeff

·
Registered
65 Posts
We used kendall when I was a kid. .Local garage carried it and used the GT1 too. Still using Brad Penn in the cars.

·
Registered
1969 Camaro SS350
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda makes cense Kmart Auto Center, All the oil changes were Kendal oil, some had additional work. Brake hose, fan belts, misc other maintenance items. How about Concord tires? Were they sold at Kmart back in the mid 70’s to mid 80’s

·
Premium Member
5,449 Posts
Kinda makes cense Kmart Auto Center, All the oil changes were Kendal oil, some had additional work. Brake hose, fan belts, misc other maintenance items. How about Concord tires? Were they sold at Kmart back in the mid 70’s to mid 80’s
Tires at the Kmart here would have been Fisk for the house brand. They may have had other brands available but I can't recall what brands.

Jeff

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tires at the Kmart here would have been Fisk for the house brand. They may have had other brands available but I can't recall what brands.

Jeff
I worked at a autoparts:speedshop in mid to late 70’s and we sold Concorde tires. Not sure who owner bought them from

1 - 10 of 10 Posts