Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My car was bent when I purchased it but had a GM SS hood, 1x1967 GM Guard & 1x1968 GM Guard. I've had to purchase the RS headlight mechanisms as mine we damaged. The problem is, although they fit and bolt in fine. When the left hand one is opened (towards the centre of the car) it rubs against the bottom of the new supplied surround. The RS headlight mechanisms are both after-market parts.

Does anyone have any measurments for the opening for a 1968 RS car or any tips for making these fit.

Cheers MJ :confused:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You might try to loosen the 4 screws holding the plastic cover to the mechanism and move it up or down whatever the case may be. There is some adjusability built in the backing nuts. I have had to adjust mine everytime I have had them apart.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might try to loosen the 4 screws holding the plastic cover to the mechanism and move it up or down whatever the case may be. There is some adjusability built in the backing nuts. I have had to adjust mine everytime I have had them apart.

Ahhhh!! Hadn't thought of that. The originals never fitted great so it's hard to know how to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts