Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!
The other night I was rolling out of a joint and flipped the headlights on and bang-go! Nothing...
Headlights came on and the hideaways doors didn't open! So I went to the front of the car and tried to help the doors, one opened right a way and the other wouldn't. Over the last few years I always had one that was slower than the other and I think it might have given up the ghost finally but I'm hoping it isn't just a relay?
These were original from when I bought the car but I thin they are aftermarkets? I replaced all of the wiring from the firewall to the motors, just need to know if it's the motors or a limit switch and thought I would ask here before I tear it all apart?
If anyone had the same issue and it points to the motors let me know, I'm looking at a set on Heartbeat city and want to take advantage of the sale....They are like $210 a set for the motors, seem like they would be good and the quality from those guys is always top of the line.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
If you do a search for 67 hideaway's on here you will find some very good threads, diagrams and pictures.
On my 67 everything was unhooked and the wires all tucked away. In the glovebox there were three switches with the grounds rusted off. I would check all the grounds first including the ones for the headlight plugs. They all have to be grounded for everything to work.

Be ready to take your headlights out 7 or 8 times (pain in the ---)

Rick

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a look at the other forums and not sure if I found what I was looking for? Anyway I looked at the doors again and the drivers door closes now once I forced to the limit switch and the relays clicks so I know it has power to the relay.
Makes me think that the passenger door motor is junk?
Also looks like I have to remove the whole headlight bucket to replace the motor huh?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Also looks like I have to remove the whole headlight bucket to replace the motor huh?
Thanks!

Yes you do. It's literally a 5 minute job. Slide the door all the way over, remove the bezels 4 screws and then 4 1/2" bolts that hold it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts