Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
I read in some car magazine talking about the new GM truck heads and that they flowed better than the old hump heads from the 60's. You think there is any truth to it?They said the heads would bolt right on to any Chevy small block but one would have to use the new intake for the truck heads. I believe the heads fully assembled were around $400-$500. Has anyone ever used these heads on their street rod

·
Registered
18 Posts
the "truck" heads are the vortech heads everyone is talking about. Yes they do flow better than the old humps, bigger runners etc.They have a diffrent intake bolt pattern than the older heads.
yes you can get them for about 400-500 a pair, intake, anywhere from 150 and up depending on what you want.
My self i dont like the vortechs,thin casting and like soemo ne else said in here wait another year and see what everyone thinks of them.
other things to consider, centerbolt valve covers, special allinment rockers pretty pricey for anyhting but stock ones,
by the time you get sone witht he swap, your looking at around 700-1000 bucks, myself, i`d look in to aftermarket heads just my opion

·
Registered
260 Posts
cerbz right, I would go after market. Just my opinion, dont know much about the Votec. But I too thought about it, and went with S/R Torquers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts