Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member that has been researching several months for a 67 RS.....i'm looking at a well optioned car with the following cowl tag.

08E W232
67-12637 LOS 204
797-Z Y-Y
EX 2EMG 3BS
4F 5Y

iv looked up all of the codes and believe it shouldnt be a RS (no 3L).
the guy selling it has been in the game for 30 years and is considered an expert....he says it is a RS....it has hidden head lights and reverse lights....cant those be faked? can a car be a RS with-out the 3L cowl tag code?

thanks for the help, chad

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Welcome Chad.
You may have better luck posting in the tag team section. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Welcome. If the trim tag doesn't have the 3L, it shouldn't be a real rs. All the equipment to convert a non-rs model can be added.....or the trim tag isn't the original one to the car....
It is a nicely optioned car and if you aren't concerned about the authenticity of the rs equipment, it might be a good one to have. If the seller is pricing the car as a real rs, then there is a problem. Bring up the fact that the L is missing in group three to indicate a factory rs and see what he has to say about that....

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Chad, welcome to the Team. I also believe that you do not have a true RS. I have a real 67 RS with the "L" code 3SL to be exact. Your options 3BS is for a rear defogger with Z23 option interior decor. Someone converted your car to a RS headlight system at some point. :waving:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx, dave....i posted back to eric and mitch on What its worth forum under "fair price for 67 rs/ss clone"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts