Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Ebay now, location is Green Bay WI. Since I am in the area now and then, I was thinking about having a look at it. Advertised on their web site as a true Z/28, besides not having a 302 and incorrect exterior chrome, what other red flags can be seen from the pics?
Item number: 190100293783

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I think you would look good in the 67 rs/ss....:D

Or even the 67 Firebird convert...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guys, Don't get suckered into buying a Camaro from a dealer. They are there to make money, and don't care at all about the classic car hobby, let alone Camaros. Always buy from a private party. Most private parties are willing to negotiate, so you may get a good car for under its market value if the person needs to sell the car. Dealers will only let you think you are getting a good deal. Remember, your Camaro is an investment as well as a hobby. Spend your money wisely and always do your homework before buying.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dean, actually I've owned around 35 cars in my life, and I've never purchased a classic car from a dealer...private owner will tend to really care for a car, whereas for a dealer profit is the bottom line. My initial question for this thread was if this car was being accurately represented as a Z in the dealer's ad...

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Well, we have about as much to go on as the dealer, Terry. An old tire label that indicates it came with 15 inch wheels. Supposedly only the Z's came with them. Is it the original glove box door ???? Who knows.....does it have a 3/8 fuel line, provisions for factory dual exhaust ?? 39 years and who knows how many owners later can make a lot of changes in a car. If you like it and are willing to pay the price for whatever it really is, then go see it. You KNOW you aren't going to get a real, documented, Z for that price, so buy it for a nice car that may be a Z.:D

The dealer seems to take a liberal amount of assumption in describing his cars. Take the 67 rs/ss with a REAL 375 horse 396, just because the trim tag has a 4K. Didn't the 325 horse models also have a 4K ?? Is it even the original trim tag? Too many doubts about authenticity today and the likelyhood of fraud.

Heck you can make GB in 4 1/2 hours on 29 now....go see it !!!:yes:
P.S. you missed an interesting tour of the Hot Rod Factory. Some very nice, but pricey cars and work done there. I did score some of the parts I needed for mine. Again, not cheap, but he had them...;)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mitch, I do intend to check out that classic car dealership when I'm in Green Bay next time, hell I can make it here in 4 hours flat (no bathroom stops for the kids). The more I look at his other cars for sale on his site, I don't think I'll be laying out 30K for that particular car... hey that Hot Rod Factory sounds great, it doesn't cost anything to dream!

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Dealers with cars like that always make me wonder how and why they ended up with them. Most of the people that have these cars don't trade them in, so I'm always suspisious that they came from auctions.

Hey, I'm probably going back up there tomorrow, if ya wanna ride along...:D oh that's right, you have a job.:yes: I put a down payment on an engine when I was up there that he said was a 350, but the more I run the numbers on it, I'm pretty sure it's a 327. He has a few more that I want to check the numbers on and then make a decision. I still need a few small parts to put the right door completely together too.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn, yeah I do have a job or I would go check that place out! I really have spring fever bad, we go up to Porky's area of university ave in St Paul as many weekends as possible, next warm weekend I'm bringing my kids up there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts