Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Base Camaro 355 Offy crossram Richmond Super Street close ratio 5 spd ivy gold 92K SoCal car
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys running the Metro trunk weatherstriping, are you using the hollow or solid weather strip? Seems like the hollow would help my situation, so I'm curious what you all are using. Just installed new trunk weatherstrip from NPD and trunk won't close. My trunk sat real nice after I'd cut the rubber bumpers in half so it mated with the quarters when closed. That was with the old weatherstrip. With the new weatherstrip it won't close and latch and sits up above the quarters quite a bit. I'm going to try the Metro kit after reading the old posts here on it.

·
Registered
68 Base Camaro 355 Offy crossram Richmond Super Street close ratio 5 spd ivy gold 92K SoCal car
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for all the replies. I found some discussion on the hollow style doing a search on the site here in the old topics. I suppose the GM NOS seals makes sense they'd work and allow the trunk to close and fit right. That's my biggest problem right now is the trunk won't close without adjusting the catch up until the point where the lid sits about 1/4" above the rest of the sheet metal.

Luckily the trunk weatherstripping is inexpensive so if I have to try multiple brands it won't be a big deal. I'll start with the GM stuff and if I still have problems I'll try some of the others mentioned.

Thanks guys!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.