Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to be a paid member to have an avatar? when I hit link to upload avatar it wont let me change to add it
It wont allow me to drag and drop photo to upload it :(

·
13,749 Posts
And moderators past and present.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well then IDK why theres a link to "Add Avatar" when I'm on the forum cause I'm neither
wonder when this will allowed as 99% of other boards I'm on allow them
thanks

·
19,760 Posts
Its been talked about for a lot of years, but never open to the general public.

BUT, as said, you can enter ROTM (Ride of the Month) and IF you win, one of the prizes is to get your car as your avatar...

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Just for clarity: Everyone can have the official Team Camaro Avatar - The Team Camaro one like Doug uses. You can elect not to use it by unchecking it.

Moderators and Administrators of Team Camaro, AutoGuide, CRG and Yenko, Have either site logo or custom Avatars.
Team Camaro ROTM winners get an Avatar of their winning ride.

We also add Avatars as memorials to accounts of members that have passed away.

So the best way to get your ride Avatar under your name is to enter and win the Ride of The Month.

Brian

·
13,749 Posts
So the best way to get your ride Avatar under your name is to enter and win the Ride of The Month.

Brian
Or Die...lol

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,336 Posts
If you think about it, I think it adds a classy level of consistency. Even though I would put a picture of my car in the avatar if I could, because my car would never win ROTM, I like it. If you allow everyone to add an avatar, you wind up like all the other forums with Java enabled robots and weird stuff that take away from the focus of the forum. Not sure what I would think about people that would only become a Team Camaro member if they could have a custom avatar......

Brett......

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
If you think about it, I think it adds a classy level of consistency. Even though I would put a picture of my car in the avatar if I could, because my car would never win ROTM, I like it. If you allow everyone to add an avatar, you wind up like all the other forums with Java enabled robots and weird stuff that take away from the focus of the forum. Not sure what I would think about people that would only become a Team Camaro member if they could have a custom avatar......

Brett......
Ha, now I know what ROTM means...... ride of the month! Thank you.

What is an avatar? I am not absolutely sure. I think it is the little symbol next to my name.

I like the cat with a machine gun cartoon.

Don't worry I am not smart enough and I am too lazy to ever change the little symbol. No machine gun toting cats for me.

To keep a forum classy depends more on how people write their responses and if they practice manners learned when they were young. The text box contents are more important than a little symbol next to their name. I also like photos when they are included in the responses.

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Why aren't they allowed?

Bandwidth?

Clutter?

What's the big deal?

I'd say it contributes to the obvious decline in membership I have noticed over the last few years...
Decision must have used the same logic that generated the decision to allow only a minuscule amount of photo storage. I think I have 100M on the pro-touring form. And an avatar. :grin2: This sort of thing impacts this forum negatively imho...

Don

Reactions: ZZ_430

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Decision must have used the same logic that generated the decision to allow only a minuscule amount of photo storage. I think I have 100M on the pro-touring form. And an avatar. :grin2: This sort of thing impacts this forum negatively imho...

Don
Exactly, I remember when this site didn't have ads too.

We are treated like obstinate children who can't be trusted to make a tasteful avatar.

Other sites don't seem to have a problem. No wonder so many great guys no longer post here.

I will ask again...why? Some good 'ole boy exclusivity?

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Damn those pesky Texans... :grin2:

Don

1 - 16 of 16 Posts