Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe polished tt2's, is anyone running them, if so hows the finish & do they clean up easy,are they hard to keep shinny or is chrome the way to go?

·
Registered
657 Posts
While they remain popular it looks the TTIIs are being made off shore and there are lots of issues with them from quality to build time. Obviously chrome would be much easier to keep up than polished. If American Racing is building off shore I doubt the polished will be as bright as they used to be. You may want to consider Vintage Wheel Works or Team III as an alternative. They are priced a little higher but the quality is better as well order fill rate.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you search "tt2" here in the forums, there are a lot of threads discussing them.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have polished TT2s. No, they aren't hard to keep clean. When I wash my car, I use the same soap and water on them as I do the car. I also wash them with a microfiber mitt. Brushes and textured sponges will leave scratches in the polished finish of the wheel. About once every six months, I get out some mothers billet polish, rub it onto the wheel by hand, and then rub it in with a microfiber towel until it turns black. Then I fold the towel to a new section and wipe the polish off. This makes the wheels look just as good as new. It usually takes about 20 minutes a wheel. Nothing to it. Just don't use harsh cleaners on them!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts