Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1967 SS 350 that was originally equipped with the A.I.R. system, as it was a CA car. The A.I.R. system in no longer installed, though.

The air cleaner that sits on top of the carburetor has two metal tubes coming off the back of it. I suppose they are around the 9:00 and 11:00 positions (if 12:00 points directly at the firewall).

What are these tubes for and what am I supposed to put on them? Right now they are just capped with some blue plastic caps that seem to fit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
988 Posts
The tubes are part of the AIR system. One went to the AIR pump and the other to a breather tub on the back of the engine. Since you don't have the AIR system anymore, I would just leave them caped or try and get another non-AIR air cleaner.
Daniel
CRG - www.camaros.org

·
10,164 Posts
Just to add some details:

I think the rearmost tube goes to the crankcase vent which on a 67 is a machined hole in the block to the driver's side of the distributor.

The other tube is for the AIR system and it connects to the smog pump inlet for clean air in.

There is another hose that goes from smog pump bypass (diverter) valve to rear of carb.
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts