Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro!

It is going to take a lot of fabrication and carb tuning. You're going to need some sort of blow off valve (BOV), wastegate, oil plumbing to the turbo, and an intercooler of some sort would be helpful.

You should take a look over at www.pro-touring.com and ask your question over there. Quite a few people playing with turbos on Chevy V8s.

Are you planning on just running the single turbo? Granted, I'm not a turbo expert, but from what I have read about them, the T3 is a fairly small turbo. In a single turbo application, you're going to have great spool up time for low end grunt, but I honestly don't know how much power it can support.

Good luck!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site!

I am also playing around with turbo(s) for my '67 Camaro.
A single T3 turbo will be kind of small for your application, 2 T25 or 2 T28 or 2 T3 turbos will be much more better to gain some power.
I also recomend the pro-touring website, and www.grapeaperacing.com is also a very great site for turbo V8 engines, the owner of this site is also member of this site.
The things you need is a special carb (blow-through carb) or you can probbably rebuild your current carb, you will need to make new headers (or use your current ones, but it will not look that nice....hey, it will work though :D ), and you will need some plumbing AND A GOOD BOOK ON TURBOCHARGING. Read before you start, just my .02 cents

Goodluck

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Of course plan on an oil cooler and oil temp gage and more frequent oil changes. Also get the best darn waste gate gaskets you can find. I've seen these blow out and depending on the location can cause damage from the hot exhaust gases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts