Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a t350 on 2.73 gears and i dont understand how these trannies work, i have a tendency to ask on forums before doing my own research. the tranny seems to work perfectly but i dont understand what it takes to make a tranny think of what gear to use. say im going 65mph @ 2400 rpms, when i hit the gas id expect it to jump to 2nd gear 1.52 ratio to give 3600 rpms. instead it stays in 3rd which is very inefficient. my question is why does it stay in 3rd and is there a way to adjust it so it will do what i think it should?

·
Registered
601 Posts
if you going 50 mph does it kickdown at all. once you going over a certain speed kickdown will not function cause too much governer pressure and will not do a 3/2 at higher speeds. unless maually downshifting. but if you want to try adjusting cable. floor car and pull on cable to see if you got any more movement in cable forward. if you can pull cable early cable has a peice you pull up with screwdriver pull cable to back of car a little and push down. later cable has a metal tab you push in pull cable back. let go. than go into car and completely floor it engine off of course. it will reset itself into proper position.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after like 40 or 50mph it wont kick down at all. this is too advanced for me unfortunately so its going get left like that. thanks for the replies though, never heard of a kickdown cable before :D.

i love 1st gen camaro, but I'm a complete n00b

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it appears that i do have one after all. and it does work some of the times. i could be going 70, and if i slam the gas real fast it will drop into passing gear half of the time. but all the other times when it doesnt work is when i flood the gas pedal slower. what do i ask the repair shop to do to make it always jump into passing gear when the pedal is to the metal and the engine would be under 4500rpms when in 2nd.

i really love passing gear cos when if goes to 2nd gear i hear the tires make a chirp :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.