Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,113 Posts
I only turned mine down because I prefer the look.

Not sure if there's a benefit or not.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
nope, its all for looks and the sound echo that they catch when its idling!!..that small of a bend is not going to rob gobs or torque from your car!!

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
from what I hear turndowns at the muffler with no tail pipes can cause an annoying resonance inside the car as well as blowing dust up at stop lights. The only benefits I see are hiding the exhaust and not having to add tailpipes........esp tough with aftermarket rear suspensions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you mean turn downs before the axle? It would be better to turn them to the side to avoid gas fumes rising...either way you're going to have fume problems (I did).

Or do you mean turn downs right at the bumper after the rear tires?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
better sound quality. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
No Offence to anyone but....My biggest memory of turndowns are of a 1968 Camaro I was watching going thru the Turkey Runs at Daytona Speedway. I watched how the exhaust sandblasted the car going thru the paved road with dirt on the surface. Then he turned down a full dirt access road and the car was engulfed with dirt............that was enough for me.....I guess it depends on where you go..........I did like sound though with a radical cam:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts