Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been busy driving all summer and later drives back home gave me some new drama.
all was fine before paint.

this is a RS/SS '67
with lights on, and as the rpms go up my indicators glow brighter(no glow at idle or no lights) as the rpms go up.
any ideas?

i need to get to work on some ground issues since paint but this one has got me.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Ground issue, most likely the ground for the gauge cluster. If that ground is bad the lights and gauges do all kinds of odd things.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
umm no
i have 3 cars of the same and this is cookie.
how about not replying if you have no help. heh?
He did offer help. It's a ground issue. Check the paperclip ground on the bezel.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,462 Posts
umm no
I'd offer a suggestion, but I haven't been over to your house to personally inspect your car, so any help I offered might not completely solve your issue.

At your request then, I won't say anything.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
umm no
Actually I was trying to help, I think it is a ground issue. I had the same situation with my headlights, they would get crazy bright with the engine rpms, turned out to be the headlight harness ground. Also now I want cookies. Isn't that kooky?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I agree check the ground tn your gauges. Since yours is an RS model check the ground on the headlights and the ground on the parking lights. Also check around the radiator support on the drivers side for loose grounds. Just think of all the grounds that may have been removed when painting.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Mmmm, cookieees...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I remember having a similar condition and it was a "lack of ground" condition with the instrument cluster gauges. The screw above the high beam indicator light is the ground screw for the entire instrument cluster. That being said, a tab from the instrument ribbon circuitry is compressed by this ground screw to the "u" clip that the ground screw threads into. This clip as well as the metal dash must be free of rust and corrosion. That's where I found my "lack of ground" problem.

I also remember a right front turn signal ground wire where I did not tighten the screw thoroughly enough. It worked for three months....then right turn signal light glow. A proper sized (outside star) lock washer helps with all grounding - and with loosening screws.

The above posts are on the money, and you did answer your own question. Have fun!

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts