Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lat week, my turn signals worked and cancelled perfect. Sunday, I dropped the column and replaced the steering gear with a late model. I made sure the new gear was centered, flat up, put the new ragjoint on the column (only fits one way, bolts are different sizes)Turned the steering wheel so the groove on the end of the shaft pointed straight up, and put it on. Now, the turn signals cancel "out of phase", as if the column is upside down. It's not, musta been before I started? Is it possible for something inside the turn signal switch to be installed backward or upside down? Or would it be easier to just pull the column off, turn it 180, and slip it back on? And, is there another book? My assembly manual and fisher body manual make no mention of turn signals, or anything else inside the steering column.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm getting more confused now... Shopping online, ran across a cancelling cam... had this in muy hand sunday while fixing the horn button... which works for the first time in 5 years... only way this could be 180 out would put the (aftermarket) steering wheel upside down, too... help me out guys, what happened here?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts