Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the Left turn signal on both rear tail lights are flashing. When I turn the Right turn signal, only the right side blinks as it should. Testing voltage out of the turn signal switch. Left turn signal on, both the yellow and dark green wires are getting power. On the right turn signal only the green wire gets voltage. I'm thinking I need a new switch. agreed?

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
yup. I would guess it's the part of the switch that is supposed to disconnect the brake light signal from the chosen turn signal circuit? Wonder what happens when the brakes are applied?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a 69 by the way. Brake lights work as they're supposed to, but as i understand, testing the wires coming out of the turn signal switch, on a left hand turn, the yellow wire should have voltage, and on a right hand turn the green wire should have voltage. Correct?

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Correct on colors.

I would have thought that when they are both flashing and you applied the brakes, that something bad would happen (change)... I guess if the both brake circuits are being opened up when the turn signal is applied, then it would be fine. Otherwise, I would have thought that at least one of the signals would remain solid while brakes are applied?

Anyway, yes, ALWAYS start w/ grounds. Have you recently removed and remounted your tail light assemblies? How about work under the dash?

·
Premium Member
5,308 Posts
check to be sure the correct bulbs are installed in both sockets. check the grounds on both sides. If one side is flashing brighter than the other I'd guess a bad ground.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Maybe not the easiest solution, but my 69 had funky flasher/brake/light issues when I bought it. I replaced the light harness front and back and all the bugs went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts