Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure whats going on here. All turn signals and high beam illuminate as they are supposed to from the outside; however, the indicators on the dash stay lit. This only happens when the lights are on. Also, the fuel gauge drops when the lights are on. Oh, and my speedo gauge lights are either off when the lights are on, or they are very dim but the heater control lights are on as well as my aftermarket gauges. From what I've read this seems to be a ground issue but electrical is not my strong point. I know nothing about what is behind the dash except a bunch of wires. If you have an idea of what the problem is, could you talk to me like a baby so I can try to figure it out. Thanks for your help.

Thomas

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Thomas - this is a very common issue with 67 and 68 instrument clusters. Bad ground. The ground is the paperclip looking item secured to the frame with the screw at the top by the high beam indicator. Most folks run a real ground wire from the cluster shell tot he dash frame.

Do a search and you will find a ton of information as well as a sticky here in the electrical section. http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109694

1 - 3 of 3 Posts