Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem - I recently lost my front and rear turn signals, front indicator lights and horn. The fuses all check out. I’m looking for some guidance on chasing this electrical gremlin. As you can see from the web link http://www.geocities.com/jjknotts the engine compartment is clean and there is no obvious terminal corrosion or ground problem. Is there a process or testing sequence that will lead me to the problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Everything that you mentioned is operated at the steering column which makes me think that is where the problem is. Check the plug in connection where the steering column wiring harness run along the steering colmn above your pedels.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dave,
I will check that connection . . . a little more info - the front singnal lights do not light up at all when I turn on the headlights. The amber front lights usually come on with the headlights. I still thinking is is ground related somehow . . . any other suggestions.
Thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
duplicate post in Electrical/Wiring forum

Anyways, yes, check your passenger fender to battery ground. I found that if this is not connected or has a bad connection, the amber lights, turn signals, and horn stop working!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You nailed it Brian - the battery to fender connection looked solid from the top but there was corrosion under the bolt loop. Cleaned it up with a wire brush and am back in business.

I now have turn signals and a horn - now the next challange - the inspection lane.

Thanks

PS - is it consider poor manners to post the same topic under similar disucssion threads?

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Yes Johnny, duplicate posts just clog up the system if everyone did it. Most regular memebers here go thru every posting when they check in, and reply where they have expertise or an opinion on what might be the answer to your questions. Thats also why the threads are divided into different sections, so that others can use the 'search' function for example in Elec. section and find an answer sooner than waiting for a reply that might not come for awhile.
A vast majority of the questions are answered in the searchs except unique trouble issues such as yours. Its a hit and miss but the guru's in each area are very good.
Posting in just one section is preferred and moderators will usually delete the duplicates to keep the sections in tune.
Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts