Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 Camaro I just purchased about 2 months ago. The turn signals work fine until I turn the head light on. The left turn signal stops blinking and the dash turn signal indicators light up. The right turn signal works ok. Just the left one stops blinking. I replaced both turn signal stats. I found a wire that someone had ran to the turn left signal into the dash, but I cant find out were they connected it to. Any thoughts on how to correct this problem would greatly be appriecated.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
you have a bad ground, at the left rear tail light. the circuit grounds thru the taillight mounting studs, and this can be affected by paint and such. Get a couple of quarter inch star washers from the hardware store, put em under 2 of the mounitng studs in the trunk, fix it right up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I tried the star washers and that did not work, But I went to the front turn signal ground after that to see if it may be the ground there. Well to my suprise when I pulled the rubber boot off the light houseing the plug for the light bulb was in their wrong causing the lights to malfuntion. Thanks for sending me in the right direction, because It would have taken forever to find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts