Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1997 Z28. I have a problem with the turn signals. Once I turn either one on, it stays on without flashing. It also stays on in the console without flashing? Does anyone know what may be causing this? The emergency lights work fine thou. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
turn them on walk around the car check all your lights, usually caused by a burned out
bulb, I think there are 2 in each tail light, if all bulbs good next would be flasher

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i do have my back left bulb burned out. I havent replaced it because its stuck to the socket. It looks like its corrosive around it and that made them stick together. Not sure if im going to have to change the socket or just clean it out.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
you can probably just clean it out

i would get some needle nose, and put it below the bulb and see if you can wiggle it out

but is that the only light thats out? if it doesnt flash with the right side also, im betting its the flasher.. there are two, one for the turn signals, and another for the 4 ways

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
The flasher depends on current flow to heat up a little bi-metal leaf inside the flasher that makes it toggle. They must have engineered them just right because a bad connection or one bad bulb is enough to prevent them from toggling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, thats the only light that is out. The back right turn signal remains on, but the ones in the front work.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Does the flasher scenario above explain my '67's situation? When I turn on the Right turn signals they don't flash. The right rear stays on steady but the front right is nothing. However, When I turn on the flashers all 4 flash. When I turn on the left turn signals both front and rear flash. I know I have a bad wire on the front drivers socket but it still works and I've switches the bulbs around to see if somehow it was one of them. Growing frustrated and thought it was time to ask for help. Any suggesting and thank you.

·
Super Moderator
32,530 Posts
If you no t/s voltage at the socket, but 4-ways work, then it would be the t/s signal switch. You might fiddle with the handle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just worked on a s-10 with the same issue. It was the flasher. It used one flasher for the hazards and one for the turn signals. I don't have access to a location or schematic right now but if you can find the flashers location, a simple swap of flashers should give you a quick insight if its the flasher or something deeper like the switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts