Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hopped in the car today and noticed that my turn signal indicators on each side of the steering wheel were staying on when I pressed the gas. So I went to check my actual turn signal lights and none of them work. The turn signal indicator doesn't even work when I hit the signal lever. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Normally if the signal lights on the dash stay on steady (don't blink) indicates that there is a problem with the outside lamps. I'd check those first if the are not coming on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought the same thing, but one blown bulb make all the signal lights stop working at the same time. would it? i took it to the garage today, they said that they did all the basic checks, lights, flasher, grounds etc... but they all seemed fine, so they're trying to get some wiring schematics in. they think it's a wiring problem now.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If none of the lights work, including the ones in the dash, look for a blown fuse or a bad flasher can.
A good garage should have been able to tell if there is voltage to the outside bulbs. If no voltage there, check the voltage on both sides of the flasher can. It should have voltage on both sides of the can with the key on. The output of the flasher can heads into the steering column connector. The two wires to the rear lights come out the steering column connector as green and yellow.
GM has used this set-up on millions of cars for years. Surprised they need a schematic. Should have been able to isolate it in under a half hour.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
My 69 did the same thing. It ended up being the ground under the dash by the light switch. The wire had come loose. It provides the ground for the turn signals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts