Team Camaro Tech banner

701 - 716 of 716 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #701
I also made a battery hold down since the optima doesnt utilize the stock clamp that bolts down the base. I cut some flat steel put a threaded rod through the stock clamp bolt hole and tied the other end to the core support. When it gets nicer im going to clean it up more and powdercoat it

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
I like what you did for the Dakota digital switch in the ash tray. I may have to steal that idea!
Yea it was a spur of the moment of where the hell am i gonna put this thing lol. I didnt want to cut up an original piece so thankfully the cigg lighter hole was slightly bigger than the 13/16 hole needed for the switch. If you want i have plenty of metal leftover i can fab one up for you

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Yea it was a spur of the moment of where the hell am i gonna put this thing lol. I didnt want to cut up an original piece so thankfully the cigg lighter hole was slightly bigger than the 13/16 hole needed for the switch. If you want i have plenty of metal leftover i can fab one up for you
Wow, that is a very generous offer! I will politely decline, I've got plenty of scrap around that I can bend one up when I get to it.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #706
I found that a lower rad hose from a 2004 GMC Sierra works pretty good and an upper (not sure of application) that i got at the parts store by bringing a pre bent coat hanger is an absolute perfect match it is a continental contitech upper rad hose. Part# is on the picture. I also put a radiator overflow tank its summit brand dont need anything flashy just dont want antifreeze on the ground. I have it set up as a recirculator

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
Frame to tank and frame to engine fuel line is all done. I used leftover brackets from a brake line kit and mounted them on the coil pack bracket routed fuel line over engine to the frame connection. Then mounted a clip th the 4 link cradle and ran a short hose to the tank

really all i need now is coolant and gas and this car will be alive for the first time in 12 years

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #709
I just got back from taking mine for a spin. Its invigorating every time I get in it! Just wait until you hear it fire the first time......
Awesome im planning on turning the key this week

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
For the first time in 12 years shes alive. Still have to dive deep into the tune but she will run if you massage the gas pedal

·
20,306 Posts
Sounds pretty good 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nice sounding even though its running a bit rough, with a tune I'm sure its gonna sound better.
Then eek sayra pou e-sa hel lenas, tou ei tha toe o noma sou sto video ke totess eek sayra. Yasou re.

·
Premium Member
4,268 Posts
Nice sounding even though its running a bit rough, with a tune I'm sure its gonna sound better.
Then eek sayra pou e-sa hel lenas, tou ei tha toe o noma sou sto video ke totess eek sayra. Yasou re.
WTF?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Why the focaccia do/ should I have to explain myself to you when my posting isn't in response to anything you have posted in someone else's thread..
If the OPer, Steven has any issues whatsoever, I will at that time clarify my post to him.
In the meantime it has nothing to do with you.

·
Premium Member
4,268 Posts
Why the focaccia do/ should I have to explain myself to you when my posting isn't in response to anything you have posted in someone else's thread..
If the OPer, Steven has any issues whatsoever, I will at that time clarify my post to him.
In the meantime it has nothing to do with you.
Well Exuuuuuuse ME, did someone pee in your corn flakes?

701 - 716 of 716 Posts