• Too Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not enough info or more info needed

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
67 SS/RS
214 Posts
/\ I have to agree. I am in no way bashing what you have, that is a BA engine and I would love to own it.

But here are some things to consider. Any used engine is always a big gamble on the buyers side. Your engine is nearly 20 years old, there may be some more modern components available today. Similar horsepower can be purchased brand new, carb to oil pan in the 8-9K range from well known builders. That is a pretty radical setup for a driver. Modern platforms can offer that power in a more driver friendly package and most buyers are doing excatly what you are doing.

Your parts list is great. You may find a buyer that is looking for exactly what you have. Some things that may help with the sale. Documantation of the build, IMO without that you take a big hit in value. A video of it running. Maybe pop a valve cover and get some internal pictures. Maybe get one of those inspection cameras and get pictures and video of inside the cylinders. Are you willing to ship?

And where are you located? Your market could have an impact on the value and potential buyer pool. You probably already know all of this...

· Premium Member
67 SS/RS
214 Posts
Another thing, this engine has angle plug heads (nice ones at that). In my group it is understood there is no advantage to having angle plug heads, new aluminum straight plug heads locate the spark at the same location in the combustion chamber. In my experience, angle plug heads are more difficult to fit headers and change plugs.

I know it sounds picky, but buyers will be picky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts