Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused::confused:well i have a 350 with carb my trans is a 350 turbo with no overdrive but everytime i try to put it in drive or reverse it turns off and i was wondering wat the problrm could be???:confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Re: turns off when put in gear

torque converter bad

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
bad motor mount that pinches the fuel line shut when the motor is torqued to the left or right when pulled in gear?

·
Registered
926 Posts
You mean it dies? Turns off suggests the key is truned into the "off" position. If that is what is happening you'd better get an exorcist.:eek: More likely the idle speed is too low. Nuetral safety switch only affects cranking, not running.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it turns on fine and is idling at about 1000 rpms and the torque converter is new ...all vacuum lines are fine......when i say turns off i mean it dies....the cam is stock....i just had the tranny fixed i put it in and it does that idk why......

·
Registered
926 Posts
1000 RPM at idle should be enough to keep it running in gear. What happens if you put one foot on the brake, put it in gear and give it some throttle?

·
Registered
620 Posts
there has to be a vacumm leak some place put it into gar and disconnect connect the booster line does it die than? its a combinationof vacumm timing and fuel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1000 RPM at idle should be enough to keep it running in gear. What happens if you put one foot on the brake, put it in gear and give it some throttle?
if i do that it works fine but i want it to work the right way......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ohh ok kool let me try it once i put my alternator back in.........thnxx....ill keep u updated

1 - 15 of 15 Posts