Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
That's a tough one. You may have to go to a dealer for that one. What type of conversion van do you have? (make, model, year, ect.)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan. The conversion was done by Primetime which is out of business. The current antenna is just a flat foil piece about 4x6 inches. That just connects to a coaxial cable about 6 feet long and plugs into the TV. Reception is average at best.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Originally posted by camaro man:
I'm replacing the original TV antenna in my converson van. It doesn't work very well sitting still and on the road it's useless. Anyone have a suggestion on a type and/or brand of antenna?
What type of van do you have (Make , Model, year, ect.)

Here is one very good place you can look http://www.conversion-vans.net/accessories.htm

After you've solved your problem, be sure to come back and let us know how things went

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Right now I'm having trbl getting the rear radio in the passenger area to work. It comes on and cassette player works mechanically, but I can't get it to play anything

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Camaro man- Sorry about post #4 where I re-asked

"What type of van do you have (Make , Model, year, ect.)"

I was so busy searching for a solution to your origional question that I didn't read your response to my first question before posting an answer. The Mods have a timer on the amount of time we can go back and edit our posts so I can't go back and correct it. Sorry
:(

Call the guys at conversion-vans and see what they can do. I'm gonna make it a special note to follow this post very carefully. After contacting them please post back and let me know what happened

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
So Camaro Man, Did you find what you were looking for? :confused:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really didn't find what I was looking for. If I would like to spend a $100.00 plus dollars I could get an antenna that would be a little better than what I have. I was told powered antennas will only boost the signal, not the reception. I couldn't find much out there that will really help the reception and that would fit between the headliner and the roof. There are antennas available that would mount on the glass inside the car but my wife didn't want a visable antennea. Since my family mostly plays DVD's, video tapes and video games I have decided to temporally end my quest for the antenna.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Keep trying both eBay and your local junk yards. I'm sure that between the two, somethings bound to turn up.
Anyway, If you ever decide to start looking again, I wish you good luck with your search

1 - 9 of 9 Posts