Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my rotors and hubs checked by a local mechanic and he tells me the hubs are good but the rotor's are shot.
My question is can I still buy the rotors that go with the two piece hub and rotor. If not, then will 4 piston calipers fit other types of one piece rotors?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
No, they haven't been re-popped that I know of.

You can buy one-piece rotor/hubs that are smaller centered so the 4-piston calipers fit, but I think that they are pricey!!

pdq67

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where have you seen them?
I just had my calipers rebuilt so I want to use them. I really don't have much of a choice

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I got mine from Rick's First Generation. They are about $110 each. Bolted right up though and everything fits!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got two from the local American Auto Parts here in town, part # RAY/SB5100 , $67.70 for the pair. I told the parts person that I bet they would not fit my 68 four piston set up and lost the bet.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
856 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
I just came across this while browsing ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-C...095219116QQcategoryZ33564QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Says it's for a '69 Camaro/Chevelle with two piece hub/rotor setup... would that be the same as a '67? I thought the '69s all came with a one piece hub/rotor assembly.... maybe it's for the JL8 brakes? Anyhow, I thought I'd post it just in case it was what you're looking for.
69's still had 2-pc rotor's, and it was in 70 or 71 that they went the 1-pc rotor route.

Here's a link to the CRG discussing the repair of 69 2-pc rotors.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=1812.0

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses guys.
Sorry for the delay in responding. Been real busy at work and forgot I asked the question. (brain overload. Thank goodness for search function):clonk:
What is the Canadian division for American Auto Parts? Same as Napa? Parts Source? Carquest? (No, we don't have Canadian Auto Parts):p

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I bought Raybestes part #5100 and the calipers touch the hub. Did I get the wrong ones? I could grind an edge off the calipers but not sure what kind of clearance I would need between caliper and hub. Anybody run into this?

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any idea what the correct # is since they don't sell split rotors anymore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts