Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my rear suspension is done and the cars weight is on the springs again, it's time to think about something to connect the new rear to the TKO, hopefully permanently this time.

Looking for suggestions on a good place that can make me a shaft, for starters.

The yoke for my tko uses a 1330 joint.

The yoke on my 8.5" rear, I believe, uses a "3R" joint.
The holes in the yoke are threaded. All the hardware is missing. I've seen these before and believe it origianlly came with a flat metal strap and 2 bolts.

In an ideal world, I'd want a set of billet caps for this thing, with the strongest bolts money can buy. Where do I get them?

I'm figuring on getting a chromemoly 3" shaft with new 1330 yokes on both ends, and using a combo 1330 - 3R joint in the back. I want to use solid (non-greaseable) joints.

What brand should I get? Always thought spicer was best for this stuff, but a summit search comes up blank?

Discuss....

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Dennys driveline, they are awesome, usually a wait but worth it.
I just had them (well last year) build a heavy duty series, 1330/3R combo shaft complete with trans yoke to rear u joint, non greaseable joints, around 350$ or so. It is an absolutely beautiful piece, shame it's hidden beneath the car.
I had mine shipped to the west coast, it should take a lot less time for you to get yours. The tech support and customer service is awesome, they helped me with ordering and suggestions, and promised me a date. It ended up being about a day or so later so the shipped it express on their dime, for my inconvenience, I thought that was a very cool gesture on their part. I highly reccomend them (obviously :D )

·
Retired
16,053 Posts
Mark how often do you 'dust' it off ? :beers: :D

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
A second for Denny's. They didn't oversell me and the service was terrific.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Click sandra says i spend way to much time cleaning it . Over the winter we have taken the car to the next level , I'm finished with the motor now its going back in today , we did the new clutch installing the windows and finishing all the stuff i didn't done for last year . Tha anal part was taking it all apart this winter and having everything repolished . I sure can't wait till the warm weather is here to take it out again . How is your car coming , i was happy to see you got your 700r4 installed , that will make the hyw miles very easy to handle .
Mark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.