·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

This is my 1st post in this forum so hello all

I'm a 1979 Z28 user from Poland.

please help ::

I had a problems with old starter (cranks very slowly, slowly and stops) so i replaced it (new mini starter). The new one works great about 2 weeks, yesterday I started engine, engine ran about four minutes and carb flooded it - when I try to start again the starter cranks slowest and slowly and stops :/

if the spark plugs are in heads the starter cannot rotate the engine, when I remove the plugs starter rotates engine but slowly

I took damper and manually rotate engine with any problems...

battery OK, I replaced the all wires from battery to starter and all ground wires and no effect

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Measure the voltage at the starter when you are attempting to crank it. You may have a voltage drop problem ... I am referencing the wire from the ignition to the starter. If you are getting a voltage drop, you can address the problem by using a remote solenoid to trigger the starter.

·
10,143 Posts
Check all your battery cable connections. Clean the ground cable where it connects to the alternator brace, and clean the brace where it grounds to the block.
Have your battery load tested or try a different battery from another vehicle as a test.

If you had a solenoid problem, the starter would not turn over at all.
David

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like a bad battery to me. How do you know the
battery is good? Batteries are as complicated as living organisms (at least that's what my
electronics professor said). A faulty battery can charge fine to 13 volts, but not hold it for long. Others just won't charge at all. I'd clean those plugs, and try a different battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts