Super Moderator
32,895 Posts
Nice price, and unit, and site suggests if I order today, March 5 delivery

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea when it'll show up...says 'free 2 day delivery' and also 'by March 5'

I gotta figure out what cleaning solution I want to put in it. I've read mineral spirits work pretty well, but I'm not crazy about having that heated up in my garage.

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
I have used a smaller one with a little Tide in it for chainsaw carbs for a while now. Works very well.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
looks nice, let us know how you like it once you have a chance to use it. I might get one to clean bicycle cassettes and misc greasy car parts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve used “LA totally awesome cleaner” in ultrasonic units for carb And other parts

Can buy it at the dollar store - works great

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a tracking number today, supposed to arrive Wednesday! I was thinking Simple Green might be a good thing to try also. I've heard of the LA cleaner too, good suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
32,895 Posts
Some paint stores might have 'Varsol' but you have to supply your own container, at least at my Norfolk Paint Store.
It is the cleaning solution in garage/commerical/Snap-On parts cleaner.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
Lots of videos on them and many people use simple green diluted. I don’t have one but would like one, just not playing with carbs lately. Hope you can post some before and after photos.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I used a large bottle of pinesol (diluted 1:1 I think) in a 5 gallon bucket for my quadrajet. Let it sit overnight, and I only had to touch up a few spots with a small brush with minimal effort. So that might work well as a cleaning agent. I also sprayed simple green on a transmission and it looked almost brand new when I got done with that. They are both good degreasers. Let us know how your new toy works!

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
1,152 Posts
Thinking about the chemistry I would give dishwasher detergent (Cascade) a go. Most water based solvent baths are high pH (10ish) and full of surfactants and modifiers. I would work my way through a concentration that was effective but just mild enough not to etch aluminum parts. Heat improves efficacy significantly.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
looks nice, let us know how you like it once you have a chance to use it. I might get one to clean bicycle cassettes and misc greasy car parts.
I got one just for this purpose, I de-greased my chain and cassette when I went to a "wax based" lube, (which is a whole discussion in itself)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I purchased a cleaner on Monday and should receive it this coming Monday. Checked the price today and they are $169.71 for the same cleaner.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I purchased a cleaner on Monday and should receive it this coming Monday. Checked the price today and they are $169.71 for the same cleaner.
Well crap, I should have jumped on it. Guess I can keep an eye out for a price drop.

·
Registered
490 Posts
If it is the same machine then $55.00 to $169.71 is a H*** of a price increase. I will watch the price as well. Can always use another toy.

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
Probably because of gas prices. Haha. I watched the gas price raise 20 cents right before my eyes yesterday. That's a hell of a jump for both.

·
20,119 Posts
Nice buy...and the wife won't get mad anymore for using the dish washer for parts 🤣 🤣 🤣

not my dishwasher....

Reactions: srode
1 - 20 of 22 Posts