Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on pulling out the underdash a/c-heater control box. The manual says to pull out the fender?? Any reason?? I plan on replacing the box with a non-a/c box. It's a '69 coupe. Sorry about the second post, for some reason I could not edit the
first.
Thanks,
Bill P

------------------
'72Z & '67 Chevelle.com

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Unless your planning on welding up the hole in the firewall where the A/C suitcase goes, leave your A/C stuff in the car. The firewall on A/C cars are different than on a non A/C car. The hole in the firewall under the suitcase is taller than the non A/C engine side ductwork. You will end up with a 1" hole in the firewall above and below the non A/C duct. Also a Non A/C car has the two outer dash vents connected directly to a pair of holes into the cowl area. An A/C car does not have these holes. Therefore once you remove the inner ductwork there will be no way to get fresh air into the car.

It is a significant task to swap a normal heating system into an A/C car. Probably harder than adding A/C to a non a/C car. It isn't as simple as pulling the inner and outer ductwork.

But to answer your question, there are two bolts way out under the fender by the blower motor that hole the outer edge of the inner box to the fire wall. The nuts are on the firewall side but the studs go all the way thru to the inner box.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts