Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my 69 since 1976. In the late eighties I started doing some limited resto work which, among other things, involved removing the under dash ductwork. As often happens, the car had to be put on the back burner until recently due to other obligations (house, family, kids, etc.)

My question is in regard to the under dash duct work, in particular the fit between the "Air distributor duct" and the "Center outlet duct" (as described in Rick's catalogue). The fit between these two parts seems to be grossly loose, so much so I am wondering if "misplaced" another part back in the late 80's when I took things apart. Naturally, my powers of recollection are not being cooperative.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim

------------------
69 Camaro, Sport Coupe, owned since 1976.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
If I remember the parts you are talking about correctly, they had a foam (or very soft rubber) seal that went around the inside of the duct the center outlet goes into. The foam was about 1/4" to 3/8" thick, so if that is the "slop" in these parts that may be what is missing. This foam is just a seal that makes everything fit tightly.
You should be able to get foam of the correct size at a home supply store.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
There's a good illustration of these parts in the A.I.M. (C60, sheet A10); all have sticky-back foam seals at every joint for air seal and anti-rattle. Home Depot or Lowe's has a good selection of this material in many sizes.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.