Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question for you. I'm finally at the point where I can take my car to some local cruise-in's.

Since it's usually pretty dark at some locations, I'd like to have a little light in the engine bay to maybe make it more visible. It looks like a deep dark cave at night lol.

Any ideas of where to put a little light?? And what power source do you run the light off? Any other little suggestions?

Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
You can order an underhood light from GM. It has a mercury switch so it only operates when the hood is open. Power ties into the horn relay. The light is just visible in the engine picture on my website. It uses a standard single-filament 12V bulb.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
You can order an underhood light from GM. It has a mercury switch so it only operates when the hood is open. Power ties into the horn relay. The light is just visible in the engine picture on my website. It uses a standard single-filament 12V bulb.
Carl, how did you fasten the GM underhood light to your cowl hood. My hood doesn't seem to come with any provision for one. Did you have to drill a starter hole?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts