Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have figured out the windsheild washer pump and wiper motor, temp sensor, and fan, in the book it says there is a purple wire going to the starter? But what I have is a 10 or 12 guage wire in red and a 14 or 16 gauge red wire where do these go? Starter maybe? Than I have a orange wire that is burnt in two. All the above wire have a asbestos cover or some sort of heat shield.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Maybe someone swapped out the wires. The purple wire goes to the Neutral Safety Switch under the dash on top of the column. Try using an ohmmeter to see if one of the red wires goes there.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,
What I need to know is how many and what color go to the starter, and then where does the orange one go?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
There should be a 12 ga. purple wire going to the "S" terminal on the solinoid. Over the years, heat from the exhaust manifold will sometimes make this wire look brown or even red. If it is a bright red and looks newer, it may have been spliced into the harness for a repair. There is also a 20 ga. yellow wire to the "R" terminal on the solinoid. The white braided wire goes to the + side of the coil, along with the yellow wire . The orange wire in the engine harness goes to the blower motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts