Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1969 #'s matching 350; 2017 2SS 6.2L Convertible
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decode my trim plate and am wondering how GM came up with the "Body Unit Number." My car's vin is 124379N608285. My Trim Code (pictured) shows the Body Unit Number as 277628. As I understand it, this number reflects the sequential production number - correct? What sequence? Just the body production or is it the overall Camaro production in 1969? Is it just for NOR or both NOR and L? GM only made 243k that year and this # is higher.... can anyone help me make sense of this number? Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Al. That helped. From that article, it is simple a number and cannot truly tell an owner very much.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
FWIW that looks like a very well kept car by the picture.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There were a lot of orders generated that, for whatever reason, never made it into production. That's why your trim tag/order number is higher than the 243,000 Camaro production number.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW that looks like a very well kept car by the picture.
Thanks. It has been well kept its entire life. I am the 4th owner, and one of the owners was a Chevy dealer that had it on the showroom floor for 10 years. Original engine, trans, interior... everything works. Wish it were a true RS/SS (the third owner added the upgrades), but it was done very tastefully.

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
There were a lot of orders generated that, for whatever reason, never made it into production. That's why your trim tag/order number is higher than the 243,000 Camaro production number.
I think what is more relevant is that the body #'s started at 100,000 in 69.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts