Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the fenders off my car this weekend and am concerned about what I found underneath. I've attempted to post some pics (hope it works). What are my options? Can this be cut out and new metal welded in?

Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes mybody man did this to my car.Make sure you clean out the inner panel of the leaves that might be in there and make sure the drain hole is cleaned and open.

·
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
890 Posts
Well any incompetent body man can fix it too! I know because I did. Make sure you take a careful look at your inner rockers as this is a place that seems to rust extensively.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The repo side cowl/tulip panel fits pretty good. It's actually one of the easier panels to replace (for an amature or hack like me!!) Also, Its a good time to clean up and rust treat the inner cowl with that panel off.......Jb

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Consider me lucky, my car has hardly any rot there but it does have it in other places.

·
Registered
968 Posts
wow im sure you got a suprise seeing that, it shouldn't be too bad to replace though. the rest of the car looks pretty solid from what i can see.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
body guy said it was cake for him. I went in today and it was fixed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts