Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another question. I just installed my new lock cylinders (outside the car) and it looks pretty good. BUT, when I lock the car and then shut the door the door unlocks? Is that normal? If I push in on the door handle and keep it engaged while shutting the door it works fine and does not unlock. Also, if I close the door and use the key the car locks. Strange? Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear, PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750

G

·
Older cars work like that...There's nothing wrong with it

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350, Th350- Edelbrock Performer RPM cam and intake, Holley 650, Trick flow twisted wedge heads, dynomax headers,flowmaster american thunder exhuast
[/list]
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/xodus921/

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Tony. That's all I needed, just a little re-assurance

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear, PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yeah, they are supposed to do that. From my understanding, it was a feature that helped to prevent you from locking you keys in your car. You had to think about locking the doors when you shut them. You couldn't accidentally push the lock button down, shut the doors, and lock them. You actually had to remind yourself that you were locking the doors. It has saved me several times.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent. I thought that kind of thing was a recent idea with the AsianInvasion. I'm just glad that I don't have some kind of mutant door latches/lock cylinders

Thanks for the help.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts